Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer Handles Cases in Idaho and Utah
Dedicated firm challenges negligent drivers and transportation companies
Semi tractor-trailers weigh several times more than most of the vehicles they share the road with, so federal and state regulations govern the operation of these large trucks. Of course, accidents still occur, sometimes because these rules have been broken. At Morgan Law Firm, attorney David Morgan is an experienced attorney who is well versed in the standards that regulate transportation in Idaho and Utah. Our firm is familiar with the major causes of accidents and knows how to prove fault even when truck drivers and companies are trying to evade their responsibility. If you or a family member has been injured in a collision with a large truck, we will battle to obtain the payment that you deserve.
Aggressive attorney litigates cases involving crashes caused by semi-trucks
An auto accident between passenger vehicles can usually be attributed to the negligence of one of the drivers. In truck collisions, however, there could be other parties at fault. Numerous individuals and businesses are responsible for the safe operation of semi-trucks, and the following acts or omissions by transportation companies can trigger crashes:
- Overloaded trucks — A truck carrying too much weight presents a serious danger because of its mass and the fact that it is more difficult to stop. In jackknifes and other types of truck accidents, we’ll determine if overloading contributed to the crash.
- Untrained drivers — Semi-trucks are sophisticated vehicles, which is why a special license is required to drive them. An untrained or poorly trained driver might be unaware of regulations regarding speed and vehicle use. If credentials were falsified or someone was driving without proper authority, our firm will fight to hold the driver and the business that hired them to account.
- Poor maintenance — Faulty brakes, incomplete repairs and other examples of poor maintenance might not be addressed until it’s too late. Fleet owners, maintenance companies, parts manufacturers and even companies that hire trucks might be responsible for a flaw that triggers a serious injury.
- Drowsy driving — Fatigue affects a driver’s performance, which is why truck drivers log the time they are behind the wheel and obey rules on rest. Should you believe that your accident was caused by a drowsy driver, attorney David Morgan will look at the relevant records to see if the trucker was overtired or rushing to meet a delivery deadline.
- Oversized vehicles — Not every truck belongs on every road. Oversized vehicles impede the vision of other drivers and create a potentially lethal hazard. When standards on truck size aren’t obeyed, our firm pursues appropriate relief.
Identifying the true causes of a semi-truck accident requires a trucking accident attorney with an understanding of the laws pertaining to the industry. Just as important, attorneys must have the resources required to conduct complete investigations so that evidence can be thoroughly developed and effective claims can be created for injured clients.
Contact a skillful truck accident lawyer serving Idaho and Utah for a free consultation
Morgan Law Firm assists clients across Idaho and Utah who have been injured in truck accidents. Our firm meets with clients in their homes or at one of our convenelty located offices in Boise, Meridian and Middleton, Idaho or Ogden and Lehi, Utah. Please call 208-999-1717 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.